The Electrical&Electronics Engineering Department started during the academic year 2008 with the intake of 60 students and has experienced teachers always at hand to clear the doubts of the students. The teachers are well versed in the academic needs of the students and their efforts are always directed towards fulfilling the same.
Electrical Technology, Electrical Machine, Power Electronics, Electrical Measurements and Control Systems labs are being managed by this Department for providing adequate practical training. They are fully established with necessary equipment.
1. Electrical Technology : Sufficient number of kits are available to study Kirchhoff’s laws and basic network theorems, series and parallel resonance and transformer characteristics. A separate kit is available to display the Hysterisis loop on CRO. Students are exposed to Electrical Machines and transformers at the first year level itself. Demonstration kits are available to teach basic functioning of various meters and shunts.
2. Electrical Machines Lab : Seven Electrical Machine setups are available to study various types of Electrical Machines. Students perform various tests to find out the efficiency and regulation of generators, alternators and speed- control of motors. Electrical machines demonstration kit is available to study the constructional details of machines.
3. Electrical Measurements : The students are exposed to various measuring techniques to measure resistance, capacitance, inductance, etc. Well designed kits are available to study different types of `Bridge Circuits’. AC potentiometers and DC potentiometers are available to measure unknown voltages. 3-Phase inductive load is used for measurement of 3-Phase reactive Power.
4. Control System Lab : DC and AC position control systems units are available to study basic control mechanism for positioning load at the desired position using open loop and closed loop control systems. Units are available to study the basic control devices like synchronisers etc. A separate unit is available to study the speed control of DC motors using closed loop or open loop control systems. Units are available to find out the speed Vs torque characteristics of AC & DC servo motors. A well designed unit is available to study temperature control systems. Highly sophisticated control engineering trainer is available to simulate process control with different types of plants. The total cost of the equipment in Electrical Laboratories is about Rs.7.4 lakhs. MATLAB package and Microprocessor based stepper motor control is available.
5. Power Electronics Lab : The lab is equipped with different Power Electronics kits to study various aspects of Power Electronics Circuits for power conversion. Commutation Circuits, Triac Circuits, Half Controlled and Fully Controlled Converter Circuits, 3-Phase Controlled Rectifier, Parallel Inverter, Series Inverter, Chopper Circuit are available in the lab in the form of experimental setup. The DC drive setup is also available to control DC Shunt Motor. The students are made exposed to various Power Electronic Devices, Circuits and the controlling techniques for power conversion.
A large collection of various journals such as IEEE and various books written by well-experienced authors are available in the department’s library to serve the needs of faculty and students.